Fire Rated Foam – Gun Grade
FF170/FF197 is a modified, single component, B1 fire rated polyurethane foam.
- FF170 – Hand Held Nozzle Grade Foam (red colour)
- FF197 – Gun Grade Foam (red colour)
FF170/FF197 is used to seal linear gaps.
- Certified to the latest British and European standards EN 1366-4, DIN 4102 Pt 1 (B1) and EN 13501: Pt 2
- Features the patented ergonomic cap system for ease-of-use, improved yield and accurate dosage during application
- Acts as an effective fire seal for up to 4 hours (BS EN 1366-4) when used with FS701 intumescent acrylic or FS703 silicone sealant
Buy in bulk & save
|Quantity||1 -11||12 +|
|Price (Excl. VAT)||£7.70||£7.45|
LIMITATIONS – As with all PU foams, FF170/FF197 will not adhere to Teflon, polyethylene or silicone coated surfaces. The cured foam is adversely affected by UV light and should be covered with a suitable sealant such as FS703 silicone or FS701 intumescent acrylic.
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS – FF170 Hand Held Nozzle Grade Foam
Cutting knife, tape for masking of adjacent areas. Unstable areas may need to be clamped or secured during curing.
- Always carry out a test to confirm compatibility prior to use.
- Protect floor coverings with paper or a plastic film.
- The surfaces must be dry, solid, stable and capable of carrying the load of the panels to be installed.
- Remove all loose particles, dust and grease.
- A speedier cure can be attained by moistening the substrates if needed.
- Shake the canister vigorously at least 20 times. Leaving the cap on the can, screw the nozzle firmly into the connector on the top of the trigger.
- Remove safety catch and pull the trigger to activate can. Fill approximately half of the required depth of the cavity because the foam will expand.
- On horizontal surfaces always work away from the exuding bead and work upwards on all vertical surfaces.
- The foam is firmly set in approximately 1 hour (depending on temperature and humidity) when any excess can be trimmed with a sharp blade.
Remove excess foam immediately with illbruck PU foam cleaner or acetone. Ensure surface is solvent resistant before cleaning. Cured foam can only be removed mechanically.
Store between +5°C and +25°C in dry conditions.
9 months when stored in its original unopened containers.
Health & Safety Precautions
Safety data sheet must be read and understood before use.
No downloads available for this product.