Pyroplex® Pile range of Rigid Box Seals provide a traditional fire, smoke and acoustic seal for fire rated timber door edges and frames. The range includes a selection of sizes including the wider more traditional solutions. They are suitable for rebates in single and double action, single or double doors. Pyroplex® Rigid Box Seals are ideal for new build applications.
Pyroplex® Pile range of Rigid Box Seals are supplied in 2.1m lengths as standard, and are quick and easy to fit with no special tools required. The Pile range provides fire, smoke and acoustic seals which have been tested to BS 476: Part 22, BS EN 1634-3: 2004 and BS EN ISO 10140-2: 2010.
Certifire Certificate No. CF355.
- Suitable for 60 minute fire door (FD60)
- 4mm brush
- Tested to BS476
- Certifire compliant to TS35/TS21
- Wide range of colours available
- Self-adhesive backing
- Unaffected by water
- Suitable for both new-build and retro-fit applications
- 2.1m lengths
- Quick and easy to fit
Field of application
Pyroplex® Pile range of 20x4mm Rigid Box Seals have been specifically designed for use in the following applications:
- Rebates in timber door leafs or door frames.
- Use on single and double action leaf doors.
- Use on latched and unlatched doors.
- New build and retro-fit applications.
- 30 and 60 minute systems available.
- Provides fire, smoke and acoustic resistance.
- Supplied with a self-adhesive backer for ease of application.
- Identification on each product ensures full traceability.
- Available in a range of colours.
- Select the appropriate seal using the door test evidence, which will identify the size intumescent seal required.
- The seal needs to be located centrally in either the door leaf or frame.
- Rout a groove suitable for the size of intumescent seal selected. Clean the rebate to remove any dust. Remove the self-adhesive backing liner from the product and push fit into the routed groove.
- To achieve excellent adhesion seals must be applied to clean, dry surfaces at temperatures between +5°C and +40°C.