FireSealsDirect works with a number of industry-leading suppliers, and has a long-standing relationship with Pyroplex. They have a worldwide reputation as a leading manufacturer, and hold third party approval under internationally recognised schemes to the highest standards including IFC and Certifire.
Intumescent strips, or fire door strips, are fitted to the door, and, when exposed to extreme heat, expand to close any gaps or edges that may leave the fire door vulnerable to fire and smoke spread. The Pyroplex® Pile range of Intumescent Strip range includes a selection of sizes including the wider more traditional solutions. The range accommodates both rebates in single and double action, single or double doors. The seals are ideal for new build applications.
Certifire Certificate No. CF355
- Suitable for 30 minutes fire door (FD30)
- Tested to BS 476: Part 22, BS EN 1634-3: 2004 and BS EN ISO 10140-2: 2010.
- Certifire compliant to TS35/TS21
- Self-adhesive backing, quick and easy to fit
- Unaffected by water, suitable for both new-build and retro-fit applications
Field of application
- Rebates in door frames or timber door leafs
- Use on both single and double action leaf doors.
- Use on both latched and unlatched doors.
- Suitable for both new build and retro-fit applications.
- 30 and 60 minute systems available.
- Provides fire, smoke and acoustic resistance.
- Supplied with a self-adhesive backer for ease of application.
- Identification on each product ensures full traceability.
- Available in a range of colours.
- Use the door test evidence to select the appropriate strip and size for your project
- Rout a groove of suitable size for your chosen intumescent strip. The strip needs to be located in either the centre of the door leaf or frame
- Clean the rebate to remove any dust and ensure a smooth surface. Remove the self-adhesive backing liner from the product and push fit into the routed groove
- When installing the seal, the adhesion strip must be applied to clean, dry surfaces for optimal results