FireSealsDirect works with a number of industry-leading suppliers, and are Lorients largest distributor. They have a worldwide reputation as a leading manufacturer, and have been designing seals for over 40 years. They also are the originators and controllers of the Certifire quality control approval scheme.
Intumescent strips, or fire door strips, are fitted to the door, and, when exposed to extreme heat, expand to close any gaps or edges that may leave the fire door vulnerable to fire and smoke spread. They also provide acoustic protection. Lorient’s range of Intumescent Strip range houses a selection of sizes including the wider more traditional solutions. The range accommodates both rebates in single and double action, single or double doors. The seals are ideal for new build applications.
Lorient DS door seal offers the ultimate in acoustic, smoke and fire protection, with the added benefit of thermal containment. Its unique design means that whichever way round the product is installed, the seal can always be fitted in the correct place, maintaining the integrity of the acoustic and smoke seal at the ironmongery points.
Certifire Certificate Information
- Suitable for 30 minutes fire door (FD30)
- Test evidence: Acoustic BS EN ISO 10140-2:2010. Smoke BS 476-31.1:1983. Fire BS EN 1634-1:2008 & BS 476-22:1987. Durability 1 million cycles.
- Certifire accreditation CF330 + CF341
- Performance: meets smoke requirement BS 9999:2017
- Self-adhesive backing, quick and easy to fit
- Unaffected by water, suitable for both new-build and retro-fit applications
- Seal material: PVC encased sodium silicate + flexible elastometric fins
Field of application
- Rebates in door frames or timber door leafs
- Use on both single and double action leaf doors.
- Use on both latched and unlatched doors.
- Suitable for both new build and retro-fit applications.
- 30 and 60 minute systems available.
- Provides fire, smoke and acoustic resistance.
- Supplied with a self-adhesive backer for ease of application.
- Identification on each product ensures full traceability.
- Available in a range of colours.
- Use the door test evidence to select the appropriate strip and size for your project
- Rout a groove of suitable size for your chosen intumescent strip. The strip needs to be located in either the centre of the door leaf or frame
- Clean the rebate to remove any dust and ensure a smooth surface. Remove the self-adhesive backing liner from the product and push fit into the routed groove
- When installing the seal, the adhesion strip must be applied to clean, dry surfaces for optimal results