FireSealsDirect works with a number of industry-leading suppliers, and are Lorient’s largest distributor. They have a worldwide reputation as a leading manufacturer, producing seals for over 40 years. They are also the founders of the Certifire Approval Scheme, which is now internationally recognised.
Intumescent strips, or fire door strips, are fitted to the door, and, when exposed to extreme heat, expand to close any gaps or edges that may leave the fire door vulnerable to fire and smoke spread. The Lorient range of Intumescent Strip range includes a selection of sizes including the wider more traditional solutions. The range accommodates both rebates in single and double action, single or double doors. The seals are ideal for new build applications.
Certifire Certificate Information
- Location: single + double leaf doors
- Min/max gap sizes: 3/4mm
- Seal material: PVC encased sodium silicate + flexible elastometric fins
- Test evidence: Acoustic BS EN ISO 10140-2:2010.
- Smoke BS 476-31.1:1983.
- Fire BS EN 1634-1:2008 & BS 476-22:1987. Durability 1 million cycles.
- Performance: meets smoke requirement BS 9999:2017
- Certifire accreditation CF330 + CF341
Field of application
- Rebates in door frames or timber door leafs
- Use on both single and double action leaf doors.
- Use on both latched and unlatched doors.
- Suitable for both new build and retro-fit applications.
- 30 and 60 minute systems available.
- Provides fire, smoke and acoustic resistance.
- Supplied with a self-adhesive backer for ease of application.
- Identification on each product ensures full traceability.
- Available in a range of colours.
- Use the door test evidence to select the appropriate strip and size for your project
- Rout a groove of suitable size for your chosen intumescent strip. The strip needs to be located in either the centre of the door leaf or frame
- Clean the rebate to remove any dust and ensure a smooth surface. Remove the self-adhesive backing liner from the product and push fit into the routed groove
- When installing the seal, the adhesion strip must be applied to clean, dry surfaces for optimal results