Field of application
Pyroplex® Fire Rated Air Transfer Grille Systems have been specifically designed for use in the following applications:
- Fire resisting doorsets – 30 minutes and 60 minutes
- Compartment walls – up to 60 minutes fire resistance
The installer must ensure that the doorset/door blank has been tested with an aperture to accept an air transfer grille system for the required period of fire resistance.
- Cut the aperture in the door [The system shall be installed no closer than 150mm to the threshold and no higher than 1850mm].
- Line the aperture with a 6mm hardwood liner.
- Apply a bead of Pyroplex® Intumescent Acrylic Sealant centrally and spread the acrylic across the full width of timber liner, to achieve a thickness of 0.5mm.
- Install the Pyroplex® Fire Rated Air Transfer Grille into the aperture.
- Secure the system into place using steel pins [not supplied]. Alternatively, secure the system using self-tapping screws.
- Fit the cover plates on both faces of the door and secure with screws provided.
Independently tested by Warringtonfire for 30 and 60 minutes fire resistance. The system has been tested for positive and negative pressure planes, satisfying integrity performance for 30 and 60 minutes. Test Report No.146520/146521 and 148053 apply – combined within Assessment Report No.149511. Certifire CF549 accreditation applies.