Pyroplex® Intumescent Acrylic Sealant is a one-part high modulus, halogen free material. The product is primarily designed for use in internal application. It is suitable for perimeter pointing around doors, windows, metallic services, and for use in low movement linear joints in walls and floors.
Pyroplex® Intumescent Acrylic Sealant can provide up to 240 minutes fire resistance integrity depending on application and backing material required. The material is compatible with common building materials.
Pyroplex® Intumescent Acrylic Sealant is tested to BS 476: Part 20: 1987, BS EN 1366-4: 2006 and has a European Classification EI240 in accordance with BS EN 13501-2: 2007. Certifire Certificate No. CF596
- Fire resistance up to 240 minutes
- Excellent adhesion with most common building materials
- Fully paintable
- Allows up to 15% movement capability
Field of application
- Pyroplex® Intumescent Acrylic Sealant has been specifically designed for:
- Sealing linear gap joint seals.
- Sealing around metallic pipe penetrations.
- Sealing around plastic pipe or cable penetrations which have been protected with the recommended Pyroplex® intumescent product eg. pipe collar, pipe wrap.
- For internal applications ensure that all the surfaces are clean, dry, sound and frost free. Clean all joints thoroughly to ensure that the adhesion of the silicone to the substrate is not impaired.
- It may be necessary to mask adjacent areas to prevent contamination and to ensure a neat sealant line. Masking tapes should be immediately removed after tooling and finishing.
- Install backing materials as required and fill the cavity with acrylic.
- The joint should be tooled within 5 minutes of application to ensure good a contact between the acrylic and substrate. Tooling of the sealant also gives a smooth and professional finish.
- Dispose of spent cartridges in accordance with local regulations.
A number of independent fire resistance tests have been carried out to confirm the suitability of the product and to demonstrate product compliance by utilising BS 476: Part 20: 1987, BS EN 1366-4: 2006 and and other international standards. Pyroplex® Intumescent Acrylic Sealant has a European Classification EI240 in accordance with BS EN 13501-2: 2007.