The Pyroplex® Intumescent Pipe Collars will seal flammable pipes from 55mm to 160mm diameter and can be face fixed in a wall or ceiling structure. They are suitable for use on concrete, masonry and plasterboard partitions for up to 120 minutes.
They have been designed to specifically re-instate the fire resistance of a wall or floor which has been penetrated by plastic flammable pipes used in soil, waste and drainage services.
Tested to BS 476: Part 20 and BS EN 1366-3 and has a European classification in accordance with BS EN 13501-2. Pyroplex pipe collars are compliant with the requirements stated in CERTIFIRE TS03.
Field of application
Pyroplex® Intumescent Pipe Collars have been specifically designed to prevent the passage of fire and hot gases through:
- Concrete, masonry and plasterboard partitions
- Concrete floor constructions
- Soil, waste and drainage ‘above ground’ applications
- Pyroplex® Intumescent Pipe Collars have achieved a fire rating of 2 hours
- Galvanised steel outer casing
- Tab closing device means the intumescent collars are easy to fix in place around pipe and rotate or slide into position
- Intumescent material is totally unaffected by water, is robust, ‘non-flaking’ and difficult to tear.