Stopseal® Fire Batt is designed to prevent the passage of fire and smoke between compartment walls and floors built from masonry, composite partiton or plasterboard whilst still allowing the installation of services. The product is tested to EN1366-3 and BS476 pt 20/22 giving a fire resistance and smoke barrier for up to 240 minutes.
The Stopseal Batt is tested with a variety of services including multi composite pipes, metallic pipes, plastic pipes, all with or without insulation, cable trays and cables, as well as smoke extract and fire resistant ducts. The Stopseal® Fire Batt has a 1200mm x 600mm x 50mm >140kg/m³ stone fibre core coated with PS® Coating on both sides. At normal temperatures, the Fire Batt remains flexible to permit thermal and mechanical movement of the services. Both products are unaffected by oil, fungus, moisture and contain no halogens or asbestos.
COAT BACK OF SERVICES IS NOT REQUIRED
The advantages of the Stopseal® Fire Batt and Coating are as follows:
- Fire Resistant testing to EN 1366-3 EI 60 E 90, BS 476 – 240mins
- Fire Classification to EN 13501-2
- Certifire 3rd Party Accreditation CF513
- IET (IEE) 17th Edition Fire Stop Compliant to Regulation 527.1-3 – Electrical Installations
- BS 7671-2008 Chapter 42 & 52 – Electrical Installations Fire Resistance
- Fire resistance tested in flexible walls, rigid walls & floors, composite panel, CLT wall and Durasteel wall
- ir Permeability testing to EN 1026 to 600Pa
- Acoustic Isolation testing to EN 10140 up to 60dB
- Suitable for indoor use without additional environmental protection
- Remains flexible between -5°c to +70°c
- Easy to use fibre-free sealant
- This Fire Board standard 50mm thickness gives 4 hours fire and smoke barrier and up to 2 hours insulation
- Life expectancy of over 25 years
- Suitable for large openings in walls and floors with additional supports
- Contributes to Green Building.