Pyroplex Intumescent Pipe Collar – 400mm 4hr
The Pyroplex Intumescent Pipe Collars will seal flammable pipes from 25mm to 400mm diameter and can be face fixed in a wall or ceiling structure. They are suitable for use on concrete, masonry and plasterboard partitions for up to 240 minutes. Please note that only collars up to 160mm diameter are rated for use on plasterboard partitions.
Field of application
Pyroplex® Intumescent Pipe Collars have been specifically designed to prevent the passage of fire and hot gases through:
- Concrete, masonry and plasterboard partitions
- Concrete floor constructions
- Soil, waste and drainage ‘above ground’ applications
- Pyroplex® Intumescent Pipe Collars have achieved a fire rating of 4 hours
- 2 hour intumescent collar has a galvanised steel outer casing
- 4 hour intumescent collar has a stainless steel outer casing
- Tab closing device means the intumescent collars are easy to fix in place around pipe and rotate or slide into position
- Intumescent material is totally unaffected by water, is robust, ‘non-flaking’ and difficult to tear.
Ensure substrate around pipe is flat and free from obstructions – if necessary make good by using Pyroplex® Intumescent Acrylic Sealant.
Release retaining pin and position intumescent pipe collar around pipe.
Slide tab through slot in intumescent pipe collar and fold back 180Ëš to secure.
Secure intumescent pipe collar by drilling holes in structure by using fixing lugs as template. To fix use M8 x 65mm sleeve anchors or 50mm [minimum] expanding bolts.
When the intumescent collar has been securely fitted into place any residual gaps between the intumescent collar and the substrate can be filled using Pyroplex® Intumescent Acrylic Sealant.
Pyroplex Limited have carried out numerous independent fire resistance tests to confirm the suitability of the product and to demonstrate product compliance by utilising BS 476: Part 20: 1987 and BS EN 1366-3: 2004. EN Classification report to BS EN 13501-2: 2007 is available on request.