Fire Rated Packers designed specifically for use with Blue 60 Fire Rated Foam are inserted around the door frame fixings to provide fire rated foam with an even surface during expansion and to help prevent foam from flowing out and onto the floor.
They provide up to 60 minute fire protection on timber doorsets without the use of additional mastics or sealants and are suitable for both timber and metal stud partitionings. They are available in three thicknesses which can be combined to achieve a proper fitting and are acoustically tested up to 43dB. In order to maintain fire rating certification, these Fire Rated Packers must be used with Blue 60 Fire Rated Foam.
- 30 and 60 minute fire tested to BS-EN 1634-1 and BS476-22
- Suitable for both timber and metal stud partitionings
- Tested in gaps between 7mm and 30mm
- Tested with softwood, MDF and hardwood frame sections
- Ability to combine different thicknesses to achieve a proper fitting
- Acoustically tested up to 43dB
- Must be used with Blue 60 Fire Rated Foam to maintain fire rating certification