This high-performance seal is designed to stop smoke from passing under a fire door as well as providing an effective barrier against the outside climate, noise, light and insects.
A drop down seal is activated once the door is closed. It’s the ideal seal to meet document part E and part M of UK building regulations where disability, access and energy conservation is concerned.
They feature a satin andonised aluminium finish with self-extinguishing co-extruded thermoplastic, with a 14mm maximum drop.
The seals are acoustically tested in accordance with BS EN ISO 140-2: 2010 and achieved a rating of up to 43dB, fire tested to BS476: Part 22: to 60 minutes and smoke tested to BS EN 1634-3:2001.
This easy-to-fit seal is a versatile solution that comes with a surface mounted screw fix with aluminium clip-on cover with nylon cap. They also come with an adjustable plunger with a 3mm Allen Key, and can be shortened or cut down if required by 150mm.
- Acoustically tested to BS EN ISO 140-2: 2010 achieving up to 43dB
- Seal activated by the closing action of the door
- Self-extinguishing co-extruded thermoplastic
- Fire tested to BS476: Part 22: to 60 minutes
- Smoke tested to BS EN 1634-3: 2004
- Can be shortened/cut down by 150mm
- Suitable for timber doors and all types of swing doors